DirectShifts Clinicians of the Month
Lisa is a Clinical Social Worker with 16 years of experience in the healthcare industry, DirectShifts is proud to be associated with her. She enjoys supporting and helping people work through their lives at vulnerable and difficult times. Thus, providing a therapeutic process that allows people to learn and understand themselves in a way they can grow to meet the goals of counseling. DirectShifts provides an added layer of support and additional resources in developing her career path. Her advice to aspiring clinicians is
- Provide yourself the opportunity to work in different settings and various capacities within the mental health field.
- You can best learn the system of care and assist your clients by immersing yourself in different aspects of the field.
Zelig is a Registered Nurse with 9 years of experience in the healthcare industry. He believes that when you think you have seen it all there's always going to be something else that will succeed to amaze you. He always feels satisfied working with the DirectShifts team. His advice to aspiring critical nurses is
- To jump on every opportunity, you have to care for the most critical and challenging patients.
- There is no better career path to build your proficiency and confidence.
Yim Chin is a Registered Nurse with 10 years of experience in the healthcare industry. She loves using her nursing skills and knowledge to help her patients. Thus, she is a good listener and understands her patient's fear, pain, and goal regarding their medical condition. Association with Directshifts in terms of compensation, benefits, schedule flexibility, and respect has helped her a lot to choose the proper role for herself. For new grad nurses, her advice is
- To keep trying.
- The knowledge and skills will come if you reflect on your workdays, learn from mistakes, and stay curious about new skills and knowledge.
- For nurses new to travel nursing, her advice is to not be afraid.
Harleen is working with DirectShifts as a Registered Nurse with 6 years of experience in healthcare. She loves to provide care, love, and support to people during tough times in their lives. She believes in the saying that I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. DirectShifts gives her the freedom to be her own boss and work on her desired income and according to her schedule. Her advice to aspiring nurses is
- Be patient with yourself
- Be proud of the nursing career you have chosen
- Take care of yourself so that you can give the care to your patients that they need
Donarie is working with DirectShifts as a Registered Nurse with 20 years of experience in healthcare. As a registered nurse, what she loves most about working in this field is that it gives her the opportunity to carry out her passion as a nurse. According to her Being a nurse is a gratifying career. It is full of opportunities and new challenges each day. She feels secure and satisfied working with the DirectShifts team. Her advice to aspiring nurses is
- Love what you do because if you don't, it's going to be very stressful for you and make you miserable, and that's something you don't want because it can interfere with your practice.
- It's a beautiful experience. You will be meeting people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- You will feel a sense of accomplishment while treating your patients.