Healthcare Contingent Labor Cost Management with DirectShifts Timesheet Solution
What is it?
DirectShifts Timesheets Solution is a simple, secure, digital solution that allows provider organizations in all care settings and models to effectively manage payroll for their entire contract, per diem, and locums labor force.
Why did we build it?
The COVID-19 pandemic drastically changed the landscape of clinical staffing in healthcare. While contingent labor has long been a fixture across the healthcare continuum, significant supply constraints have forced an increased reliance on contingent labor.
Contingent labor is often called "premium labor" in healthcare for a good reason, as contingent staff regularly demand upwards of two times their pre-pandemic rates. Furthermore, per-diem models have exploded in nursing, with 53% more nurses identifying as per diem in 2020 compared to 2015. The increased surge in contingent labor adds to administrative delays in the processing, approving, and paying of contingent labor hours, which can damage the organization's reputation and harm recruitment efforts.
To effectively manage labor costs and maximize utilization, organizations need tools that streamline the processing and payment of contractor timesheets and fees and provide analysis to proactively control costs without sacrificing quality.
How does it help?
- Ease-of-Use: The digital timesheets are easy to submit, review, and approve - all directly on the platform, creating a seamless end-to-end experience for contracted staff and per-diem employees, as well as employers.
- Timesaving: The feature saves healthcare professionals and employers time, eliminating the need for manual timesheet entry and approval.
- Accurate Record-Keeping: DirectShifts' Timesheet Solution ensures accurate record-keeping, reducing errors and discrepancies in billing and payroll, and enables precise reporting and analysis of contract labor spend.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Employers can monitor hours worked in real-time, ensuring that healthcare professionals meet their contractual obligations, and that billing and payroll are accurate.
- Improved Compliance: The feature helps healthcare organizations comply with state and federal labor laws, reducing the risk of non-compliance penalties.
- Configurability: The feature can support all care settings, models, and compensation structures - shifts/hours worked, number of visits, types of visits, reimbursements, bonuses, etc.
- Convenience: The timesheets feature saves time and simplifies tracking and approving hours worked.
- Enhanced Communication: The timesheets feature promotes clear communication between healthcare professionals and employers, ensuring that all parties agree regarding hours worked and compensation.
How does the Digital Timesheets work?
Clinicians can draft and submit their timesheets via the web-based platform or free mobile app (available on both the App Store and Google Play store).
When the timesheets are submitted, employers can review, reject, and approve the timesheets, with the option to add notes or request corrections if necessary.
Once the timesheets are approved, they are automatically connected to the embedded payroll system on the DirectShfits platform, eliminating the need for manual data entry.
The platform directly handles payroll and invoicing to ease employer administrative burden.
Summing up DirectShifts' Timesheet Management Solution
At DirectShifts, we believe in removing the barriers and complexity in healthcare workforce management for clinicians and employers.
Tracking, quickly processing, and accurately approving timesheets is critical in managing and satisfying locums, contract, and per-diem staff and optimizing the cost and effectiveness of contingent labor.
Problems with timesheets affect organizations of all sizes large health systems and their administrators, startups, and private healthcare partners.
- The daily struggle with timesheets caused by the sheer amount of administrative work involved.
- Security breaches
- The demands to meet timesheet approval and payment deadlines.
Our Timesheet Management functionality significantly improves outdated timesheet management and enables our partners to deliver exceptional experiences to their clinicians.
Is your organization struggling with these challenges? Are you interested in learning more?
Schedule a call and take full advantage of our platform features to meet your staffing requirements and enhance operational efficiency.